Amazing still it seems
I'll be 23
I won't always love what I'll never have
I won't always live in my regrets

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The First Snow {December 8, 2009}

Current Mood: Happy
Listening To: Mr. Writer - Stereophonics

Today is the first real day it's snowed where we live. It's snowed throughout the state for some good hours. People always forget how to drive in snow each year; it drives Mike and I crazy. They just stop in the middle of the road as they're turning, we almost crashed into someone but my husband has excellent skill. Mike was off work today due to his co-worker having a different assignment that he couldn't do so snow day for him. We went and got my hair cut

and paid some bills, ate at Panera and had brocolli and cheese soup (yummy!). Don't have my friend's two kids today, which was good for the errand run. Tomorrow maybe I will let them play in the snow in the back yard. I'm trying to decide whether or not I want to have them all day, half day or not at all on a more regular basis. I'm home anyway and I'll get paid to watch them from the state. Hmmm... I doubt that I wont watch them at all. It'll just confide me more at home and keep me busy with Lucas and the two of them. Plus I'll be helping my friend out, always a plus!

I would like to either find another job that gives me a few more hours than the one I have now that only gives me like 6 hours a week. Maybe learn bartending up the street. Wish I could come into some video editing. If we had the money and the economy was better I'd go for making my own business - gotta spend money to make money though. Who knows, with my new sewing machine I could make some extra cash.

Yesterday was a good day - I started playing with my sewing machine and made a bag and really was excited that I made a straight line and it didn't break (the fabric, or the machine). It's amazing how I learn so much more if I'm shown it, I remembered just about everything that was shown to me last week. Course, what I'm making are these microwave warm bags and I bought corn and I think I bought cheap popcorn for farm animals. HAHA! I'm not sure, I'll have to test it again but still excited about all that I can do with the sewing machine! I even called my mom and thanked her, made her smile - which was another attempt to my call.

My half brother had his baby a couple weeks ago. So excited about that! I know he loves being a dad - even waking up in the middle of the night because he told me he just loves to hold her. Laura, Steve's girlfriend, is doing well though the C-section stress must had been hard on her. The love of your child - is so unbelievable.

Lucas is still getting over his cold that started around Thanksgiving. He is 22 lbs, 33 inches long at 6.5 months old! Crazy! He is outgrowing 12 month clothes and the 18 month clothes are a bit big for him.

I do love winter for a few reasons but one of them is that I usually get really into imagining videos with music in my head and ideas. That and I'm just really connected through music. We'll see about this year having a baby and all...

Hopefully I continue to appreciate my days more - not taking things so seriously and pestimistic. I've just been down lately and I really just need to take it, instead of dwell in it or be hurt by it. A lot of changes in life right now, I'm just learning how to cope with all of them. Life isn't hard, it's just very very different and sometimes I just don't know how to handle my emotions. Something inside me changed after having the baby; feels like I became more human - or girl. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I am so glad you gave me the heads up about your blog! I'll have to catch up on it later. I need to get to my own to, but there is just so much living going on here, and not much time to record it!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete