Amazing still it seems
I'll be 23
I won't always love what I'll never have
I won't always live in my regrets

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Start of the Storm {December 23, 2009}

This morning it wasn't as bad as I thought it'd might be. I got everything for Lucas ready last night (at 2am!) so I'd be ready to go. Woke up at 5am to leave and prayed before I left to keep us safe and everyone safe. Woke up a bit late at Heathers and thought Austin was late for the bus in the case I called Heather just to find out he had no school. Stupid me LOL. No wonder there wasn't a cancellation on the KCRG website cause they simply had no school. HAHA. So I was running on 3.5 hours of sleep and got the boys ready to leave for my house (that took forever!). Mike didn't have to work today because his boss didn't want him stranded in IC, which was good! So he was up and knew I hadn't slept much and watched the boys and let me sleep until 2:30pm - that was nice of him!

When I woke up it was raining and it's supposed to rain all tomorrow which isn't good for 1. Flooding and 2. Ice, right before Christmas. So I pray that all will stay safe!

Today's a good day.

Mom stopped over unexpectedly and saw Lucas crawl a lil bit. It was nice lil time spent together. Sometimes with her 'advice' / telling me what to do I just never know what to expect with her and how I'll feel or react. Last night I had a dream of me telling her off... never a good thing... thought it was real but wasn't. I need to be patient and understand that I have my own family now and I need to tell her if something is bothering me and be kind about it.

I hope all will go well with the weather so we can see family over Christmas. Mike's quote "I'm not scared of this snow, I can drive through anything." Ha. Well, I hope he can but I'm not up to risking our lives. I trust him with my life but... black ice is dangerous and there are stupid drivers out there. I want to see family too but it's just not worth it.

LOVE MY BOYS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment